First I got one of these, a Passport, like a real grown up who just might travel some day soon. Yes, two of my grandchildren have has passports since birth and have certainly used them more than I might ever. But here I was, with a passport and ready to make plans.
I packed rather efficiently, I think, for a two week trip. The advantage being that I had little need for jackets since I could wear any of Kel's once I arrived in Sofia. My planned travel clothes were comfy with the long haul in mind. At 8:30 AM on Thursday September 13th the shuttle picked me up and I was on my way to LAX.
Sixteen hours later here is a quick shot of the lovely hotel room, in Hollywood, where I spent the night. Mechanical problems grounded our plane, back to the airport bright and early Friday for another go.
Ah, travel.
LAX, re-booked for a flight to Atlanta and on to Paris, France, in Europe! Yes, I was excited.
While the delay was tiring and frustrating it was also rather interesting. After several hours in the re-booking line I ended up at the hotel with the same group of people I'd chatted with in line. The upside to the delay was a short time with interesting people I never would have spoken to otherwise.
FRANCE! That Is France! Below me, I'm flying over it, in Europe. Yep, I was the dorky tourist taking pictures with her iphone out of the plane's window. And I'm not ashamed.
It's France for God Sakes! There, below me.....
An interesting fact about travel, airports all resemble each other more than they don't. Here is my gate Paris. Yes, PARIS, In France.
I have poor luck when it comes to food and travel and have to say that the leftover half of the Wolfgang Puck sandwich, purchased in a kiosk at the Atlanta airport, got me thru this part of my day. Downside to layover in Paris: Very Long Line for the ladies room and no way to buy food.
Upside: I was in Paris, last stop before Sofia!
No comments:
Post a Comment