Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Village

My blog pal Sarah posted over at MoutainWave Tribe shared thoughts on her "village". And it made me think about how we feel about where we live. Never in my life would I have thought I would be glad to live in Ontario California. A relatively non-descript southern California location. But Ontario has become our village. We know people here, we do things here, we love our home here. Funny really.

The outside thermometer at about 4:30 this afternoon when it started to cool off. We spend a warm sunny afternoon working in the yard. And yes, that is in the shade.

A happy early season rose glad for the mild temperatures and sun we've enjoyed. February can be very wet, and who knows maybe rain will happen this year, maybe not.
Since it is the dead of winter I have been pruning and this is the huge Honeysuckle vine that has filled two large green waste cans. THIS year I'm getting the trellis situation handled.
In the foreground the peach tree just showing buds. In the background the neighbors palm trees that are our evening on the patio view.

I don't like cold weather, I prefer that it doesn't rain except on an occasional Sunday when I have no plans and can use it as an excuse to stay inside and sew all day. I cannot imagine living in the snow, but some of that is because I live where people can't even drive in the rain and so I shudder to think what snow driving would be like. Last friday I sat on the beach with Roxanna and got a little bit sunburned. I no longer own a real coat, so I suppose my Southern California village is right where I belong.

1 comment:

  1. From snow-prone New England, your pictures warm my heart. I love your rose, palms, peach-buds, and sun-kissed beach time....in FEBRUARY :) Smiles and blessings to your warm village~

    Sara

    ReplyDelete