Saturday, March 12, 2011

What I Really Want To Do Today

This is a test run of four blocks from the quilt pattern 'Pocket Full Of Pinwheels' by KarrieLyne at http://www.freckledwhimsy.com/. I've been dying to try it out and so this morning I pulled some fabric out of the stash and gave it a run. Decided to put borders on the blocks and use it as another quilting practice run.

However, since the dining room and living room look like this, I'm packing up the sewing to get some house cleaning done. Then there is that darn yard, car to be washed, etc etc. Ought to be a trip to the gym in there somewhere.
Last weekend Mike, Kiera and I attended a BMW rally of sorts at the John Wayne Airport. We gathered at the Lyon Air Museum that houses the private collection of General (Retired) William Lyon. There was an impressive selection of cars. A rare 1969 model with 416k miles on it.
Our little white beast hanging with the others.
We spent several hours in the air museum. While not a large facility the contents are amazing and all of the airplanes are flight ready. Kiera and Mike both did some shooting.
Checking the shot.
An actual vehicle not only owned by Adolph Hitler, but absolutely used by him. To see this car in person, look into and see where Hitler himself sat and stood. I can't really describe the reaction I felt to that. Sad, and angry. A note of trivia, the only place that the tires for this vehicle are manufactured is Israel. The museum also contains a number of display cases full of artifacts from World War II including personal letters home from soldiers in combat.
Three of Kiera's shots from the museum.



Pretty much verifies she has the photography gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment