Saturday, May 9, 2009

Patty's Move

First of all, two blogs in one day and not because I could not get them to go together correctly. I think I get a couple blog points here.
As I mentioned in my first blog, today Mike, Kiera and I drove to San Diego to help Patty move. For those of you unclear as to our connection with Patty, ahhh, how to describe this? Kiera and Ryan's aunt, Mike's sister in law, and by default I claim her as my sister in law too. Patty is off to start a new life adventure in Arizona. New career, new home, new climate. Mike and I honestly doubt that we would have weathered this past year and a half as well as we have without Patty's insight, support, experience, love and sense of humor. Tonight, as I blog this, Mike is in Yuma AZ for the night with Patty and Tommy. He is driving the Uhaul truck. Family and friends will unload in Gold Canyon, just outside of Apache Junction, about a half an hour from Phoenix, Arizona tomorrow. Mike will fly home in the evening.

Jess; woman in charge of the packing of the truck. Great job!

Ryan; sweaty from his assigned duty of carrying heavy things down that looonng hallway at the apartment building to the truck and stacking where instructed.

Smokers break in the chairs that were waiting to be loaded in the truck. Megan, Patty and Bettie. With Tommy, who is not one of the smokers!

Kiera and Naomi checking out the truck.

The entire moving crew.

It is already weird to think that Patty is not in San Diego, but it has all fallen into place so neatly and quickly and I can't help but believe that this is all just meant to be for Patty. She calls it her "Leap of faith" and we have faith too that this is the start of a new and wonderful stage in her life.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome Gayle!!! I just now read this and saw the pics! What a day that was! I was and still am eternally grateful to the "Patty Moving Crew"...especially to you and Mike for giving your entire weekend to help make my "dream come true!"...LOVE YOU SISTER!

    ReplyDelete