Thursday, May 20, 2010

Triangles

Triangles in relation to my quilting have always created issues for me. And I am still traumatized by the almost 400 triangles that made up Ryan and Jess' queen sized Domino Effect quilt. Recently I learned a new triangle technique that makes them much less painful, much more accurate, and I launched a mini project as practice.
These are actually triangles, step two. I won't bore you with the details.

Blocks made out of triangles!

The star pattern center.
Finished mini quilt, doll bed size. And this view you can barely see the flaw that was the result of not understanding the difference in measurements for this system.
My somewhat futile attempt to self teach myself hand quilting. Going to a class next Thursday. In order for me to learn something like this I need to study it, read about it, and also have someone explain it and show me. I have a book, that was both helpful and frustrating at the same time. The caption under the title should have been a clue; "Learn to hand quilt in one day and then spend the rest of your life practicing." Oh, great.
Yes, this one is for Jenna because I used her Tinkerbells. I don't think I could get away with giving her fairies away.



No comments:

Post a Comment