Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Own Form of March Madness

Pillowcase madness.
The end results of pillowcase sewing. Four to donate to the pillowcase challenge, four as gifts. When I feel like sewing, but not like thinking very hard about it, this is where I go.

My first completed top for the Quilts For Kids Charity. The rubber ducky print is so cute and yes that old Sesame Street song ran thru my head regularly while working on this. It is one of two songs from that era of parenting forever stuck in my subconscious. The other one is The Count's song. ( I love counting, counting, counting going faster.....)

Coordinating backing, that they also give you for free.

Second Quilts for Kids project. I used fabric from Nick's music themed quilt in bolder (more mature?) colors with the idea in mind that there are older kids who could enjoy something besides hospital sheets and blankets too.


I'll use a blue batik backing that has a very water type pattern. Tomi, my quilter, is on vacation and so it is going to be a few weeks before these go up to her for the finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment