After viewing the current photos of my incredibly cute grandkids, Naia and Gabriel (cousins to other incredibly cute grandkids Jenna and Allyson, and the ever adorable cousin on Kel's side Cassidy who are all featured in blogs of their own) I always go next to the MountainWave Dawgs and see what's up with Sara and Leo on the Cape. No Sara and Leo don't know me, we have never met, but at this point I consider them friends by blog association, whether they are aware of that or not.
Under Blogs We Read on Sara's site there are lots of entertaining and interesting friend and family blogs. In particular I like the adventures of Reuben in Korea whose life is chronicled in the Take No Prisoners blog.
On my own list of bloggers I follow are several Quilting related blogs and on each of those sites you can also wander off into totally unknown but pleasantly entertaining blog locations.
And, for example, here is a guy's cycling blog I stumbled on by just clicking Next Blog one day! Moxam's Cycling Adventures, www.costins.blogspot.com
Most blogs offer the opportunity to Comment and I wonder what it would be like if all of us who read each others blogs thru this bloggers by association were to offer comments on all of those blogs we read? Would it feel strange and creepy? Or would it feel warm and welcoming to "introduce" ourselves to our fellow blog surfers?
Comments are welcome!
Below is one of my favorite quilts from the 2010 Road To California quilt show. Of course the photo does not do it justice but there are somewhat better ones on the website; www.road2ca.com under 2010 Showcase Winners

Winner 3rd Place: Art Pictorial
Sponsored by A Very Special Collection
Entered by Lauretta Crites (Glendora, CA)
Made by Lauretta Crites
Quilted by Lauretta Crites
Started in 2008, Finished in 2008
Design basis: Original
Artist statement: This quilt was created for a guild "challenge." I used my son for the model, inspired by a family vacation to Hawaii a couple of years ago where we had a wonderful time snorkeling
No comments:
Post a Comment