Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blog Hijacking and Quilt Nerding all in one.

I stole this from a Quilters Blog the Quilting Nanny, see my list of Blogs I Like. I liked this today, sometimes touchy feelie things like this inspire me a little. Also, she had a link to a great Free quilt pattern that I wanted called the Strip Twist. An awesome use of your scraps and fabrics on hand that inspires me to cut and sew and I don't even have to agonize over the combinations of prints and colors at the fabric shop. Just dump the scrappy box out and look for material that is at least 2 1/2 inches wide and 9 or so inches long and a combination of half dark and half light shades. Might get started and then let the quilt decide who they are destined to be owned by. Might get the fabric together and already know.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it.

Friends are like balloons.
Once you let them go, you can't get them back.
So I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Note: Author Unknown.

The Strip Twist Quilt design;

No comments:

Post a Comment