Friday, April 24, 2009

The Sports Injury Cont.....

New information is that Kiera's sprain is a Stage 3, the more serious kind in that it involves torn ligaments. Dr. Hohl, Orthopedic specialist, decided on immobilization to promote healing. The result, a pink fiberglass walking cast for three weeks. Same logic applies; if it doesn't hurt to walk on it then it is OK to do just that.


After just a few days she is more than ready to lose the crutches, but we will be careful. Check up in three weeks. Kiera is feeling fine and her pain is minimal.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, OUCH! Poor thing!! Please tell Kiera that I send tons of love and super-ultra-fast healing vibes her way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since when can we add comments to the blog???? I asked for that a LOOOONG time ago. Love the cast... I remember mine. I broke my right ankle/foot 2 weeks before high school graduation.

    ReplyDelete