Saturday, January 17, 2009

Catch Up Blogging

I can never be considered a compulsive shopper I guess. After months of agonizing, learning about the newer features, consulting all my computer geeks, learning some more, shopping prices and hoping for first of the year sales I sucked it up and bought the new laptop. Then I suffered my 24 hours of spending remorse. Not shoppers remorse, I am totally happy with my new Dell. But letting go of the money is hard for me. There are always those other things that maybe I should have purchased instead.

My old friend on the left, so many hours spent together. The new recruit on the right, lets see how this goes.



However, last night as I struggled to work on iTunes on the old grandpa laptop and it coughed up a hair ball downloading a three minute song and over heated and shut itself down I knew it had been way past time.

In the spirit of the new year, and new computer, and following in the footsteps of some of my other family and friend bloggers I am backtracking into 2008. The posts will most likely not appear in the order I would like, but they will be there.

The other day I was on Kel's blog, Double Dolphin. I also enjoy following the travels of Sara & Leo and their MountainWave Tribe. From their blog I browsed additional friends that blog and found myself on My Best Life, a blog by their friend Scarlet. Scarlet wrote a very personal farewell to 2008 and ended with a poem that I found very moving. I hope she doesn't mind that I have stolen a copy to post here. Her words spoke to me in a very personal way in looking back on the year ended and I love the poem's message;



in my garden i planted
seeds of sadness, loneliness
and heartache.
i polluted the soil
with apathy and self-doubt.
how miraculous is the sunshine?
for out of the darkness
grew a beautiful flower.
and how cleansing is the rain?
for out of the wasteland
emerged a peaceful heart.
a strong soul
seeking,
breathing,
believing.


farewell, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment