
Naia, Gabriel and myself in our group shot.

Gabriel looking wide awake

Naia testing Gabriel's quilt.

Watching Dora with her new big sister quilt.

Jason and Naia working on her backfloat at the local indoor pool.
The weather in Eugene was crisp, the rain occassional, but Jason, Naia and I made it to the park Sunday and again on Monday while Kel and Gabriel went for a quick appointment at the lab. We enjoyed some time at the indoor pool and plenty of relaxing. Sunday by the fire while I finished Naia's quilt was a little bit of bliss for me.
And please forgive me my odd sense of humor. But I couldn't help myself. During the children's swim time an Aqua Jog class was taking place in the other half of the pool. Led by a less than enthusiatistic college age guy who gamely continued to pantomime through the moves of the class routine while a number of older women largely ignored him, chatted in groups, and casually, at best, followed his direction. Although I have to admit during the stretches at the end of the class they rallied. I could not resist a few shots. Kudos for their young instructor for staying the course.

Not sure what the move with the stool involved.

We're jogging, we're jogging...

My personal favorite, this involved alternating sides for this move. An running thru my head most of the time was a line from a list of "You Know You're In Oregon When" that my sister sent me years ago; Swimming is an indoor sport.
That said, wouldn't I love a place like this near me!
No comments:
Post a Comment