From Kel's blog:
I had my 20-week (5 months for those of you who get annoyed by pregnant women who count in weeks) scan this morning and I'm happy to report that Naia has a very healthly, perfectly-sized, ten-fingered and ten-toed baby...brother.
I was a little shocked, actually. Both Jason and I were convinced we'd have two girls. Maybe because I am one of two girls and his sister had two daughters. Maybe because Naia's baby brother will be the first grandson for our combined families and he's grandchild #5. Or maybe just because we had a girl's name we were 100% sure of but we're still waffling on a boy's name. Admittedly, I panicked a bit on the ride back to the office wondering, what on earth am I going to do with a boy? How will I understand what he's going through when the horomones kick in or he starts acting like...well...a BOY? This is where I will rely on my oldest friend, Heather, who has two adorable sons and where I will look at Jason and say, "help!"
Lots of people have asked me if Naia understands she's going to have a baby brother/sister (since we didn't which know until this morning). I didn't know for sure, although I suspected that while she understood the individual words, she probably didn't truly understand the concept behind them. Well, she understands more than I thought because tonight, while we were reading on the couch, I asked her if she was excited about getting a baby brother. She turned toward me, lifted up my shirt and pointed at my belly. I asked if she wanted to give her baby brother a kiss and she leaned down and kissed my belly. Yeah, I pretty much said "wow," too.
I was a little shocked, actually. Both Jason and I were convinced we'd have two girls. Maybe because I am one of two girls and his sister had two daughters. Maybe because Naia's baby brother will be the first grandson for our combined families and he's grandchild #5. Or maybe just because we had a girl's name we were 100% sure of but we're still waffling on a boy's name. Admittedly, I panicked a bit on the ride back to the office wondering, what on earth am I going to do with a boy? How will I understand what he's going through when the horomones kick in or he starts acting like...well...a BOY? This is where I will rely on my oldest friend, Heather, who has two adorable sons and where I will look at Jason and say, "help!"
Lots of people have asked me if Naia understands she's going to have a baby brother/sister (since we didn't which know until this morning). I didn't know for sure, although I suspected that while she understood the individual words, she probably didn't truly understand the concept behind them. Well, she understands more than I thought because tonight, while we were reading on the couch, I asked her if she was excited about getting a baby brother. She turned toward me, lifted up my shirt and pointed at my belly. I asked if she wanted to give her baby brother a kiss and she leaned down and kissed my belly. Yeah, I pretty much said "wow," too.
No comments:
Post a Comment