Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Quilt Thing



Its official, by definition my "hobby" just might be an obsession. When Road rolled into Ontario I actually took Thursday off work to attend the first day. Just some time to myself to shop the vendors, browse and view the quilts on display and the competition quilts. The photos don't do them justice. These people have more free time than I can ever imagine, or I suspect that they could in fact be made by aliens.

Saturday Kiera and her Mom Kathy joined myself and our sewing teacher Joan at Road. Also present was Tomi Guapo our long-arm quilter extrodinaire, who was working at the show demonstrating the machine that she uses for her craft. Tomi is the one who takes what we do in putting together our quilt tops and makes them special. Kiera, at ten years old, is her youngest quilting client. Here are a few pictures of Kiera having a hand at the long arm machine. She might be a natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment